Get my free ebook before 22 Sep
As a thank you to anyone who has read this Homemade Kids blog I’d like to offer you a FREE book. It’s the enovel, Coconut Wireless which I published back in November 2010. This post is by Nicola Baird.
I’ve just been lucky enough to spend two months back in Solomon Islands. While I was there plenty of fuss was made about my book – and all in a good way. Here’s the publicity I did:
* I read a chunk from it at the Solomon Islands Creative Writers Association.
* A Honiara book group did a meet-the-author (thanks ML)
* The two main newspapers, Solomon Star, and Island Sun, both ran news stories about Coconut Wireless, calling it a “love story set in Honiara” (the country’s main capital)
* Using Pijin I talked to Form 3 students (equivalent to Year 9) at a rural school, Mguvia Community High School on Guadlacanal, and also Form 3 students at King George VI High School, in Honiara (see clip above).
* I was on OneTV, the country’s only TV station
* Thanks to a radio interview I was on two SIBC radio shows at prime time (breakfast & tea).
So far 25 people have bought Coconut Wireless: love, life and gossip in the South Pacific via http://www.smashwords.com, and in total 137 have downloaded it.
I can’t tell you how many have downloaded it off Kindle, but I’ve got a cheque for around US$111 (approx £70). About half of this sum is earnings from my blogs – thank you – and the rest is people buying Coconut Wireless.
I’ve promised to give half of all earnings (so in this case it will be £35 divided by 2, so £17.50) to SIDT, Solomon Islands Development Trust. Hopefully it’ll earn quite a bit more over time – and I always want people in the Solomons to be able to read it for free.
But I also need people who don’t live in the Solomons to read the book and give me some feedback…. so, I’d like you to have a FREE copy before I change the code on 22 September 2011.
For you to get your FREE copy of Coconut Wireless (which you can download to a PC as a PDF (so it’s easy to read) or stick on to an e-reader like Kindle, your phone or iPad) please go to this Smashwords page; select the format you want, and then click on “add to cart”. Once you get to that page (and I’m afraid you may need to become a smashwords member at this stage, although it is free too) then just insert this coupon ZV47Q to get your FREE download. Phew, after all that hard work I hope you enjoy reading it!
If you can’t stand the faff, just go to my Amazon page, here, and download it for £2.14 on to your Kindle. Or maybe just put it in your wish list, just in case you are given a Kindle for Christmas.
Whatever you decide. Thank you! And please do consider passing this on. Nicola x